About Me

I love to keep things fresh. Boredom makes me cringe. I believe in perseverance. Anything new and different inspires me. Photos and stories contained on this blog are my own. I create the majority of my recipes featured as well. If I adapt a recipe or find a great one to share from another source, I will give credit where it is due and a link to the original if at all possible. Please ask prior to using photos, writings and recipes and if using, please link to to the original source. Peace and Happy Blogging!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Introducing: Sanew Sandwich Monthly Post! Recipe Alert: Egg, Spinach and Tomato Sandwich

Fried Egg, Spinach and Tomato Sandwich

What's up with this whole "Sanew" deal?  I'll make it short and sweet.  Way back when, like so far back that I can't even remember, I am told that I created a new slang for the word sandwich.  Obviously, proper pronunciation was not occurring at the time.  There is an excuse for it though, and an appropriate one at that.  I was maybe two years old.  The funny thing about this is that my siblings and I still, at times, refer to a sandwich as a "sanew".  "Sanew".  Kind of has a ring to it!  A little catchy to this day!  Maybe this was the foreshadowing to my fondness of a sandwich anytime of the day for a meal.  Really, it's true.  And NEVER Boring.  Here's the first of the many below.  And believe me, it's a verrry, verrry tasty one too! 

The "Sanew" Sandwich monthly post has begun!  Look for it around the first of every month.

Sanew Sandwich!

Recipe:  Fried Egg, Spinach and Tomato Sandwich
Servings:  1
Nest Essentials:  Frying Pan, Small Saute Pan, Spatula, Toaster
Nifty Gadget:  Handheld Rasp/Grater
Ingredients:

2 Tblsp Olive Oil (divided)
1 Egg
Salt and Ground Pepper
1 Cup of Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves
1/2 Cup of Canned Diced Tomatoes
1/4 Cup of Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
2 slices of Bread of choice (toasted) (I like whole grain, and in this case used Oroweat Brand, Health Nut)

Method:
1)  Heat both the small saute pan over medium heat and the frying pan over medium heat. 
2) Prepare your Spinach-Tomatoe Mixture. In the small saute pan, add 1/2 tblsp olive oil.  Add Diced TomatoesSalt and Pepper to taste.  Cook for about 30 seconds.  Add baby Spinach Leaves and wilt. 

Tomatoes just a'simmerin!    Spinach just a'wiltin!
Fried Egg, Spinach and Tomatoe SandwichFried Egg Spinach and Tomato Sandwich


3) Simultaneously, fry your egg: In the frying pan, add 1 1/2 tblsp olive oil.  Crack the egg, sprinkle with salt and pepper and begin frying.  After about 30 seconds, take and fold in the sides, one at at time, with the spatula, to form a square.  Fry for approximately 1 minute total.  Flip over, top with shredded cheese to begin melting, and fry for about 30 seconds more to set any runny egg whites.  (if you do not like a runny yolk, cook on both sides for 1 minute each, or until yolk is completely set. I happen to love a runny yolk!)
Step 1:  The Egg's a'fryin!
Sandwiches, Macaroons, Mujadarah, Soup 092

Step 2:  The Egg's a'folded!
Sandwiches, Macaroons, Mujadarah, Soup 093

Step 3:  The Egg's a'square!
Sandwiches, Macaroons, Mujadarah, Soup 094


4)  Toast your bread.
5) Layer with Spinach-Tomato Mixture and then top with Fried Egg that has the melted Cheddar Cheese, and the second slice of toasted bread.
6)  Slice in half, pour yourself a nice tall glass of OJ and enjoy!

Fried Egg, Spinach and Tomato Sandwich

Have a fantastic weekend!  Love, The Sanew Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you are thinking!