I have heard that your body craves what it is deficient in. If that is the case, based upon the recent trending of my recipes, I think I need to go somewhere tropical. Coconut, Lime, Pineapple, Cilantro, and Bananas have become staples in my kitchen as of late. That is the conclusion that I have come to. I need a tropical paradise vacation... and badly. Thankfully, I can satisfy at least a portion of my deficiency in the kitchen, here in Louisiana. That will have to do for now. I am forever grateful for my love of cooking.
2 1/2 Cups Shredded Sweetened Coconut
3 Tbsp Flour
Zest of 1 1/2 small Limes
1/8 tsp Salt
2 Egg Whites
2 tsp Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
1/2 tsp almond extract
2) In medium mixing bowl, combine Shredded Coconut, Sugar, Flour, Lime Zest, and Salt
3) In a small mixing bowl, whisk together Egg Whites, Lime Juice and Almond Extract.
4) Add the Egg Mixture to the Coconut Mixture and combine.
5) Using a small ice-cream scoop or tablespoon, place scoops of coconut mixture onto baking stone (or you can use a baking sheet).
6) Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until the macaroons become a speckled golden brown and set.
And here it is, the beautiful little thing! Next time I'm dunking the bottom in melted dark chocolate (my favorite, Ghirardhelli 60% Dark Chocolate Chips.)